Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Closer

All I can say now, is thank you for Google Translate.  Mike and I have been practicing Dutch phrases.  Mijn naam is zuster Jolynn Gubler.  Hoe gaat het?  Wij zijn missionaris van de Kerk van Jezus Christus van de Heiligen der Laatste Dagen.  My name is Sister Jolynn Gubler.  How are you?  We are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  "De kerk is waar". " The Church is True".  That last phrase is why we're going on this mission.  It's why we're willing to learn a new language.  It's why we're getting out of our comfort zone and going to a different country to preach the Gospel.

I was so inspired by conference this last weekend.  It occurred to me that it may be awhile before we understand the messages that are taught in Church each week while we are on our mission.  But, the spirit is the same.  We will feel the Holy Ghost testifying to us the truthfulness of what is being said.  I know the Lord will bless us with this language.  I know if Mike and I put forth the effort to learn this language that we will be blessed with the gift of tongues.  I have witnessed it so many times with missionaries that have gone throughout the world. 

My emotions are working overtime right now.  I have shed many tears this past weekend.  The spirit has been so strong.  I love the Savior and all that he has done for me.  I am so proud to be a representative of Him out in the mission field.  Memories of my mission as a young sister missionary have come back to me.  As I watched the documentary on Missionary Work after the Sunday morning session of conference, I was so thrilled and humbled to be a part of this great work.  I am so amazed at the youth in this church.  It is true, the strong spirits have been saved for the last days.  There are so many young men and women willing to give up time in their lives to serve the Lord.  This is why there are over 63,000 missionaries.  There is no other missionary work than in this church.

We are leaving for Mesquite tomorrow to be set apart by our Stake President.  This last week will be a sad and exciting time for me.  I'm excited to get out into the mission field, but at the same time, I'm sad to leave my family.  I love them so much and will miss them dearly.
I so thankful to be going on this mission with my sweetheart.  He is a stalwart Priesthood holder, and will be a great strength to me.

Mike and I have felt overwhelmed these past couple of days.  Mike told me about a thought that came to him as he was thinking about our mission and that was "Peace be Still"  The Savior will be with us.  It is through Him that we find peace.  "De kerk is waar."


No comments:

Post a Comment