Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PreMission

I am new at this blogging.  My daughter, Natalie, said she would help me when she comes to visit on Sunday.  My husband, Mike, and I have been called as member and leader support missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the West Indies Mission.  We will be serving for 18 months.  We will enter the Mission Training Center (MTC) on April 15 and fly to the mission field on April 20.  So, we only have 12 days left and still so much to do.

We spoke with our Mission President, President and Sister Mehr, today and was told we would be starting out in Trinidad.  About a half hour after the call, President Mehr called back and asked if we would serve in Suriname (which is on the Eastern Coast of South America), and if we would be willing to learn the Dutch language.  We both accepted.  So now we're frantically trying to get information on learning Dutch.  He said he felt inspired to ask us, so we hope with the Lord's help we will be able to accomplish this task. 

We gave two farewell speeches at two different wards, one in Mesquite, NV and one in Tooele, UT.  I feel like we're members of two different wards.  Our family was able to come to the Church meeting in Tooele.  It was held on Easter Sunday, which was my birthday.  It was a wonderful day.  We had roughly 60-65 people at an Easter luncheon at the Comfort Inn in Lakepoint.  We were so thankful for all that came and supported us.  I'd especially like to thank all those that helped with the food.  I had many compliments.

We're certainly going to miss our family while we are away.  Our kids and their spouses have been very supportive and willing to help us out.  I had two new grandsons born last month and two granddaughters born last year.  Our oldest grandson turned 7 last month.  It will be very hard leaving my grandchildren.  Like they say, there's nothing better than being a grandparent.  I will miss them very much.

Our next week and a half will be busy with visiting family, packing,and getting yards and homes ready for our leave.  We are headed down to Mesquite, NV next week for a couple of days to get set apart as missionaries by our Stake President. 

We love the Lord and we're very excited to serve Him.  We're so thankful for His Gospel and all that He has done for us.    

No comments:

Post a Comment